Dates & Timeline
July 27th - Registration Starts
October 30th - Registration Ends
October 2nd - Trading Begins
November 1st - Midterm Report Due
January 5th - Final Report Due
January 27th - Top 30 Semi-finalists announced
February 24th - Video submission due
March 8th - Top 10 Finalists Announced
- Trading 10/02/2023- 12/9/2023
- Each account will start out with $100,000 in virtual cash.
- All Stocks must be greater than $3,
- International stocks are allowed.
- Stocks and Bonds are allowed to buy and sell.
- ETF, short selling, margin trading, Cryptocurrencies, and other options are not allowed.
- The maximum amount a student can invest in single security (either a stock or bond) is 10%. (Example: the maximum you can invest in AAPL is 10% of your entire portfolio)
- Each account must make a minimum of 1 trade by 11:59 pm EST on 10/16/2023. Otherwise, you will be disqualified.
- Your cash position cannot be greater than 50% at the midterm. Ex: if you buy 10% for each stock, the minimum number of stocks is 5.
- Record each transaction
- To enter the quarterfinals and semifinals, you need to show that at least one ESG-friendly stock in your portfolio.
- There is no brokerage fee for this competition.
- There is no interest income on cash balances
- ESG Requirements TBD
Midterm Report Requirements
Each team leader should submit their finalized team roster (their students’ names and schools, and addresses). Note: there are no team composition requirements. Any country, school grade.
Each portfolio must have less than 50% of the cash. You can buy bonds/treasury (cash similar) to substitute cash investment.
Presentation Must Include:
- Team name and an introduction of each team member
- How the team met one another
- What they’ve learned so far
- Their trading strategy and your portfolio performance
- Reasoning for their ESG friendly stock